Welcome to Boyd Properties home on the web. Here you will find available rental properties in the East Lansing, MI area,
a beautiful home near Sparrow Hospital, as well as one and two bedroom apartments in the Mt. Hope/Pennsylvania area.
You can view floor plans and locations of homes that are available and fill out an application online. Have a look around
and send us a note if you have any questions. We strive to provide top quality housing and support services to students
of Michigan State University,.
Boyd Properties has been renting affordable housing to satisfied customers in the East Lansing, MI area for more than
30 years. We strive to provide the best service and homes available.
- Appliances are furnished in every residence. These include a stove, refrigerator and, in most cases, a dishwasher. Each house is provided with a washer and dryer at no additional cost. Apartment buildings have a pay laundry facility within the complex.
- Our policy is NO PETS! We really like pets, just not in our rental houses and apartments. We mean no pets—not for an hour, a day, or overnight. Fish are fine.
- Unless indicated on the lease, lawn care is provided for at all residences, that means both grass cutting and leaf cleanup in the fall. Snow removal on the driveways and sidewalks of our rental houses are a tenant’s responsibility in accordance with city code. Snow removal services are provided at apartment buildings.
- The insurance we carry is for the building structures only, and does not include tenant belongings. Check to see if your parent’s homeowner’s policy covers your possessions while away at school. Rental content insurance is relatively inexpensive. We suggest you explore your options and obtain insurance to cover your belongings.
- We take pride in maintaining our rental units. Please don’t hesitate to ask current residents about their experience with regard to our residences.
Directions for making application
A rental application (PDF download) form must be completely filled-out and submitted by each person in your group prior to lease execution. Be certain to list the street address of the home or apartment you are interested in leasing on your package of applications. When applications are all complete, please call 517-896-2247 to arrange for a meeting. Please consider listing more than one home or apartment on your application in the event one of your choices has been leased. All leases are for 12 months Rental payments may be made monthly or by semester. You can view or download a typical rental agreement at your convenience. A city of East Lansing Lease Addendum is included.
Security deposits are one and one half month’s rent. A deposit of ½ months rents will be required when you sign the lease agreement. The balance of the security deposit and cleaning fees are due within two weeks after the agreement is signed. Non-refundable cleaning fees are collected for each housing unit. No pets. We will call you when your rental applications are approved. You must schedule an appointment within two days of the acceptance to sign the lease agreement. If you have not completed a lease within that time-frame, we may offer the unit to the next group and applicant will lose their application fee.. All members of your group must be present to sign the lease. The appointment will take approximately one hour. An application fee must accompany the application.
Frequently called numbers for your convenience.
- Comcast 888-266-2278
- Electric – Board Of Water and Light: 517 371-6006
- Gas – Consumers Energy: 1-800 477-5050
- Water – City of East Lansing: 517 337-1731
Boyd Rentals Contact Information
- Boyd Rentals: 517 896-2247
- Boyd Rentals Fax: 517-669-2182
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 517-669-2182